A versatile little robot that requires no soldering, and very little assembly. The Dagu Adventure Bot provides a great introduction to the world of robotics and robot programming.
The robot's main circuit board is Arduino compatible, and so it can be easily programmed by connecting it to a computer with a USB cable (included), and then downloading code compiled in the easy to use Arduino IDE. All you need to do is provide 4 AA rechargeable 1.2 volt batteries--(these are different from regular AA batteries!)
- Maneuverable, able to turn on the spot
- No soldering required
- An infra-red compound eye sensor mounted on a pan-tilt head. Short range, but can be used to explore the environment without moving the robot
- Infra-red obstacle sensors on each corner
- A speaker so your robot can make sounds, and music
- Easy to program. Compatible with the Arduino IDE - Recognised as 'Arduino Diecimila or Duemilanove w/ ATmega168'