Edison is a customizable, easy to use, and cost-effective educational robot which can function as a great tool for teaching kids about robotics and programming, both at home and in the classroom!
It has numerous connection slots on the top, bottom, wheels and both sides which can fit any standard brick, allowing kids to assemble their own creations which are bound only by their imagination.
By scanning barcodes or downloading software, the robot can learn new tasks and activities, such as responding to hand claps, line following, obstacle detection/avoidance, and even battling other robots! These features guarantee endless hours of fun for kids as well as the opportunity to learn new skills and become interested in the fields of science, programming and engineering! Edison's manufacturer also offer FREE lesson plans for teachers and educators which can be downloaded online, ensuring that you will have the necessary tools and knowledge to utilize this robot as a learning tool in your classroom.
- Infrared obstacle detectors (left and right)
- Line tracking sensor
- Light sensors (left and right)
- Infrared receiver
- Infrared transmitter
- Piezo sounder
- Sound sensor
- Two motors with variable speeds
- Left and right red LED lights
- Three control buttons
- Navigate his way around by detecting obstacles to his left or right
- Be controlled by a standard TV/DVD remote
- Follow a line or stay within a border
- Follow a flashlight
- Communicate with another robot using infrared light
- Play beeps and musical tunes
- Respond to clapping and other loud sounds
- Move in any direction through his differential drive system.